BY-LAWS OF THE SKY RANCH FLYERS RADIO CONTROL CLUB
Approved 12 October 2019
A) The annually elected officers of the Sky Ranch Flyers Remote Control (RC) Club shall consist of at least 4 officers: President, Vice president, Secretary, Treasurer and a Safety Marshall. Officers shall also hold the position of Director in Sky Ranch Flyers Inc., a non-stock corporation.
B) Nominations and elections for such officers should be held during the December meeting. Before a member can be nominated, he/she must either:
1) Be present at such meeting and consent to the nomination.
2) If not present, then have a signed statement, either by written or any electronic media, consenting to such nomination submitted at such meeting.
C) Any officer may be voted out of office during their term, by two-thirds vote of a meeting quorum.
D) In the event of an officer vacancy, the remaining club officers shall fill such vacancy by the next meeting,
even if this entails calling a special meeting of the officers.
E) The Position of Safety Marshall may be co-held by one of the following Officers, Vice-president, Secretary or Treasurer if approved at a club meeting by a quorum majority vote.
II) OFFICER’S DUTIES
A) The President duties include:
1) Preside all club meetings.
2) Act as club spokesman in all matters pertaining to the club.
3) Appoint chairmen to all regular and/or special committees.
4) Hold the position of Director in Sky Ranch Flyers Inc., a non-stock corporation.
B) The Vice-president duties include:
1) Assist the president.
2) Assume all duties of the president in the event that the president is unable to perform such duties.
3) Maintain the grass cutting schedule
4) Monitor and arrange repair of equipment as needed.
5) Hold the position of Director in Sky Ranch Flyers Inc., a non-stock corporation.
C) The Secretary duties include:
1) Keep the minutes of all meetings.
2) Handle all club correspondence, as directed by the president.
3) Maintain a file of all-pertinent club correspondence, club attendance, insurance and records.
4) Assume the treasurer’s duties as directed by the president, if the treasurer is unable to perform
5) Hold the position of Director in Sky Ranch Flyers Inc., a non-stock corporation.
D) The Treasurer duties include:
1) Collect all monies due.
2) Keep records of all monies received and disbursed by the club.
3) Pay all normal operating expenses and bills approved by the general membership or Officers per item 7 below.
4) Assume the duties of the secretary as directed by the President if the Secretary is unable to perform
5) Receive contributions and/or specially attained funds from any individual or institution.
6) Reconcile the financial accounts and records of the club as of December 31.
7) Monitor spending cap. Officers are allowed to spend up to 10% annually of account balance dated January 31st of that calendar year. The majority of the officers must agree on the expense. This cap is separate from Fun Fly budget.
8) Maintain the current paid membership roster.
9) Support the preparation of any taxes.
10) Hold the position of Director in Sky Ranch Flyers Inc., a non-stock corporation.
E) The Safety Marshall duties include:
1) Meet with new members and distribute and discuss all safety rules.
2) Develop rules and insure all club members adhere to these rules.
3) Respond to grievances.
4) Suggest to Officers recommendations to improve safety.
III) MEMBERSHIP DEFINITION AND DUES
1) All members participating in RC activities shall show proof of current AMA membership.
2) All members shall comply with the current Official AMA Safety Code.
3) All members shall comply with current field rules.
4) All members shall be willing to cooperate with other members in club activities.
5) Membership dues are required for any RC Vehicle (Plane, Car, Helicopter etc…) usage at our field or other Sky Ranch Flyers event locations, except under the clubs Membership Guest Policy below.
B) Application for Membership:
1) An application must be properly completed.
2) The club year is a calendar basis beginning January 1st and ending December 31st.
3) Membership applications shall be considered in the order submitted. Open membership is limited to 100 individuals. No applications shall be accepted once the open membership and the applications already accepted for open membership total 100. During those periods in which applications are not being accepted, individuals desiring to join the club shall be placed on a membership waiting list. As vacancies occur, applications shall be solicited from individuals on such waiting list in chronological order.
4) All dues are payable to the Treasurer no later than April 30th. Any member who has not paid such dues by the April 30th deadline shall be dropped from the Club.
C) Membership Types
1) Adult/Family members shall be older than 18 years of age as of July 1st of the current year. Anyone under the age of 18 would covered under the Family. Family examples would include Member and Spouse, Member and Dependent, Member and parent/or grandparent, or Member and significant other.
2) Honorary members shall be a person voted on by the club to receive all club privileges based on previous club merits.
3) Non RC Vehicle Member shall be a person who has all club privileges except for the use of RC vehicles. Should the individual wish to use RC vehicles, he/she must reapply for a full RC vehicle membership.
D) Membership Dues: (The goal of SRF is to maintain the dues at a level to cover 100% of the basic operating expenses, such as lease payments and standard operating expenses. Dues can increase or decrease based on operating cost and total number of club members)
1) The dues of an Adult/Family membership shall be $100.00, if joining after September 1st, the membership fee will be $50.00. (if requested by a member a reduced membership fees can be approved by a majority of the current Officers)
2) The dues and fees of an Honorary member shall be waived.
3) The dues of a Non RC Vehicle Member shall be $25.00
4) The person occupying the president's position will not be required to pay membership dues or non-grass cutting fees for that year.
5) A maximum of eight grass cutting volunteers per year. All remaining club memberships pay additional $25 non-grass cutting fee. This does not apply to Non-RC Vehicle members, Honorary members, new Members joining after September 1st, or grass cutters. In the event, there are more than eight volunteers for cutting the grass, a raffle will be held to select the eight volunteers.
E) Membership guest policy:
1) A guest may use any RC Vehicle at the field three times within a calendar year. The officers can only grant special exceptions. Any individual on the membership waiting list described in shall be considered a guest.
F) Revocation of Membership:
1) Any member may have his/her membership revoked for non-compliance with any by-laws and/or violation of any flying field rule or any RC Vehicle safety issue by a majority vote of a meeting quorum, provided such member has been notified in writing of such non-compliance and/or violation.
IV) MEETINGS AND PROCEDURES
A) A club meeting shall be held by announcement.
B) A quorum shall be any majority officers and members of the membership.
C) The fiscal year of the Club shall be a calendar year.
D) All voting pertaining to Sky Ranch Flyers may be taken at the meeting and/or any electronic media
V) RESIGNATION, TERMINATION, DISCIPLINARY ACTION, EXPULSION AND REINSTATEMENT OF MEMBERSHIP
A) Any member in good standing may resign his/her membership by giving written notice to the Club.
B) If any member ceases to have the qualification necessary for membership in the AMA, his/her membership in the Club shall thereby terminate, subject to reinstatement upon restoration of eligibility.
C) This section provides for enforcement of the Safety Rules that are related to flying activities. Any other unacceptable behavior by an individual member or members, as defined by the Field Rules and By-laws, becomes the responsibility of the Officers. Any individual who willfully commits any act or omission which is a violation of any of the terms of these Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws, or the Rules of the AMA, or which is detrimental to the Club, the AMA, or to model aviation, may be expelled from membership from the club by a meeting quorum.
D) Any member who is expelled from membership may be reinstated to membership only by two-thirds (2/3)-majority vote of a meeting quorum.
E) The Officers shall have the discretionary authority to provide for and to impose disciplinary action for such acts or omissions, which do not justify expulsion from membership.
A) The club may be dissolved with the approval of a two-thirds (2/3)-majority vote of the total membership.
B) Upon the dissolution of the club, the Officers shall, after paying or making provision for the payment of all of the liabilities of the club, dispose of all the assets of the club exclusively for the purposes of the club in such manner to a charitable organization, or other local RC clubs as determined by the Membership.
VII) GRIEVANCE PROCEDURE (FLIGHT AND GROUND SAFETY RULES)
The grievance procedure provides a mechanism to enforce existing safety rules by providing a progressive disciplinary system when needed. Although most complaints can be resolved informally, if a complaint is serious or cannot be resolved informally, the matter should be referred to the Safety Committee for its consideration by means of a Grievance Form to be filled out and turned into the Safety Committee Chairman. At least one witness is required to sign the grievance form.
The Safety Committee shall use its judgment in carrying out action on the following:
A) INITIATION OF COMPLAINT:
1) A grievance form will be filled out and turned into the Safety Committee Chairman. At least one witness is required.
B) FIRST VIOLATION
1) Viewpoints of both complainants and accused will be considered.
2) Accused and Complainant’s name will be disclosed.
3) A verbal reprimand will be given to the accused by the Safety Committee, and this will be recorded in the Committee files.
C) SECOND VIOLATION
1) Accused and Complainant’s name will be disclosed.
2) The accused has the right to a written rebuttal, to be reviewed by the Committee.
3) If the Committee so decides, the flying privileges of the accused will be suspended for thirty (30) days. Written notice of this shall be issued and a copy provided to the current club members.
D) THIRD VIOLATION
1) Committee will notify the accused and the club members in writing (or electronic formats) that the club will vote on the expulsion of the accused at the next meeting.
2) Said expulsion will last for a one-year minimum. (Longer if deemed necessary by the Officers).
3) A member may be expelled from the Club only upon a two-thirds (2/3)-majority vote of the membership present at the meeting.
4) The expelled member may reapply for membership after the expiration of the expulsion time period.
5) The three actions will not be enforced unless they are accumulated within a two-year period of time.
6) Any member receiving a Grievance, who directs any retaliation action against the person filing said grievance, will be subject to immediate expulsion from the club. This is to include threats, intimidation, physical harm, intentional equipment damage, or any other action deemed to be retaliatory by the Officers.
A) The field rules and by-laws may be amended at any club meeting by a quorum majority vote, provided that club members are notified of a possible change, either by electronic e-mail or other written notice prior to such meeting, or by a two-thirds or better vote of the meeting quorum if previous notice has not been given.
Sky Ranch Flyers Grievance Form
Date: ____________________ Time: _______________________
Nature of Violation:
Additional Witnesses (not required):